Events and hackathons remain a crucial piece of the developer marketing toolkit, but they're a dime a dozen.
When you're ready, we'll help you choose the right activity to attract the best developers and host a successful event. We will help you plan and organize the event, then execute it professionally. We're known for our creativity, innovation, professionalism and always understanding how to meet the expectations of the developers and your goals at the same time.
All hackathons aren't created equal. We prefer to do smaller, targeted, invite-only hackathons (35-75 people) for product launches, key verticals and developer feedback sessions as they tend to get the best results.
Great developers live all over the world, so you can't reach them all with events. We build and run contests and webinars (including video webinars with Google Hangouts) to extend your reach and lengthen your campaigns.
Workshops, code camps, product launches, campaigns, meetups, and interactive spaces and activities. We'll organize them, or mentor your team with program development, speaker selection, and messaging and writeups. We are awesome MCs too!
Let us wear YOUR t-shirt and maximize the events you attend! We're experienced and enthusiastic booth staff, we'll give a presentation on your behalf, get us to support your onsite scouting, and we can organize invite-only dinners and meetings for you too.
Upcoming speaking engagements and Developer Events we are organizing:
- Service Innovation Event, London, September 22-23rd
- API Days, London, September 23-24th
- Zebra Technologies APPFORUM 2015, Las Vegas, September 21-23rd
- Mobile Future Forward Executive Summit, Seattle, September 29
Upcoming events with Sponsor Opportunities include:
- Developer SmackDown Webinar Series
- DevRelCon, London, September 30, 2015
- WIPJam @ mHealth Summit, DC, November 8, 2015
We participated in these recent client events:
- Intel - IDF, San Francisco, September 9-11, 2014
- Autotech Makerthon, October 10 and 11, 2014
- Samsung Developer Conference, San Francisco, November 11 - 13, 2014
- AppsWorld, London, UK, November 12, 2014; Mini WIPJam & Carlo Longino speaking
- Comcast NBCUniversal Hackathon, November 15 & 16, 2014, Los Angeles, CA
- WIP Factory Workshop and Evangelist Barcamp, April 16/17, 2015, London
- IoT Conference, Lund, Sweden, April 22/23, 2015 -Caroline speaking
- Appworld North America, API Track, San Francisco, May 12,13, 2015, Caroline Speaking
- Samsung E3 VR Workshop, LA, June 15
- Samsung E3 and Early Access to Wearables Reception, LA, June 15
- Intel - IDF, San Francisco, August 18-20, 2015
Previous clients and projects in this area include:
WIP has organized multiple hackathons around Sony wearables, scouting developers with compatible applications and supporting them in bringing them to the wearable platform.
WIP has supported multiple hackathons for Sears, helping to ensure the events not only ran smoothly, but met the company's goals and objectives. In particular, WIP helped introduce the retailer to a new, techie crowd of developers.
Following a new wearable launch, WIP organized a series of 10 meetups and technical workshops in North America and Europe for Samsung, delivering sellout audiences and app challenge entries.
WIP helped Immersion to maximize its limited staffing resources by representing it at developer events worldwide, supporting its booths at trade shows and setting up meetings with key targets.