The WIP Factory team is a global group with extensive experience working with the mobile developer community.
CAROLINE LEWKO - FOUNDER & CEO
Caroline, known as the ‘connector’, has been in the mobile industry since 1995, as a coder, funder, community builder and entrepreneur. Recognizing the importance of developers in the ecosystem, she started WIP in 2006 to build and grow developer communities through our Agency work (WIP Factory) and Community (WIPJams) activities. WIP was the first developer marketing agency and works for clients around the world including AT&T, Facebook, GSMA, Immersion, Intel, Orange, Microsoft, NBC, Nokia, PayPal , Qualcomm, Samsung, Sony, Sears and many others.
Caroline founded one of the world’s first regional mobile associations in 2001, and spearheaded the development and fundraising of Wavefront, a wireless accelerator. She started in mobile with Anderson Consulting (Accenture). Caroline also worked for a Hong Kong consultancy marketing an industrial park in China in the late 90s. She received her MBA from Dalhousie University. Caroline was named by Fierce Wireless as one of the Top Ten Women in Wireless for 2009. She is a Member of the ICT Advisory Board for Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), and Judge for the last several years for the Most Innovative App in the GSMA Mobile Awards and speaks at many events.
Speaking engagements from September 2014:
- What is Business to Developer Marketing or B2D, API Strategy Conference, Chicago, September 24 - 26, 2014
- Developer Program Best Practices Panel - Moderator, TC3-Telecom Council Carrier Connections, Mountain View, CA, October 1 & 2, 2014
- Intro to APIs & App Economy, CA Technologies Workshop, Vancouver, BC, Canada, October 30, 2014
- How to Innovate Your Business Through APIs, CA World '14, Las Vegas, NV, November 9 - 12, 2014
- Rise to the Top with the Right Elevator Pitch for Games - Moderator, Samsung Developer Conference, November 12, 2014
CARLO LONGINO - VP OF DEVELOPER PROGRAM SERVICES
Carlo has more than a dozen years' experience in the mobile industry, beginning just after the turn of the century when he worked for Nokia at its headquarters in Finland and mobile data services were in their infancy. Before joining WIP in 2010, Carlo worked as a freelance consultant and writer while he completed an MBA; prior to that, he was Senior Analyst for Floor64, a Silicon Valley-based analyst firm, where he covered the mobile and fixed telecom industries. He also helped launch and spent five years running TheFeature.com, a thought leadership site owned by Nokia. Carlo is a well-known mobile blogger at MobHappy.com, and his writing has also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Business 2.0 magazine and on Dow Jones Newswires.
Carlo has an undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Austin, and an MBA from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Selected previous speaking engagements:
- Best Practices for API Adoption, Webinar, October 30, 2014
- Driving Developers to Your API, AppsWorld, London, UK, November 12, 2014
- APIs For... Your Mom, Technical Evangelist Meetup, London, November 2014
- Building Developer Communities, #API360 Summit, London, UK, November 18, 2014
- Building Your Brand Through APIs, AppNation Conference, Las Vegas, January 2015
- How To Ensure Developers Never, Ever Use Your API, Developer Evangelist Summit, San Francisco, February 2015